Thursday, May 3, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Gift

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week!  Nicholas absolutely LOVES his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Spencer.  She is absolutely wonderful.  As a parent, I appreciate her constant communication and the kindness she has with the students.  Nicholas loves to hear about her dog that is learning tricks and who won at Jeopardy - she or Mr. Spencer.  He has learned so much from her and the other teachers at Glen Cove.  He is reading and writing...and is so proud of it!  He just amazes me!  I do have to brag - he has been on "green" all year!  This means he has not had any behavior problems....well, at least none that have we have been told about at home :-)  Between preschool and kindergarten, we have been very blessed with GREAT teachers!

So, to let Mrs. Spencer know how much we appreciate her, we have sent her a couple small gifts this week.  Yesterday, Nicholas took her some muffins with a handwritten note.  Tomorrow (Friday), he is taking her a cool cup with some drink mixes.  I found the idea on Pinterest and just had to try it.  YES, I'm a dork and took some pictures to show everyone.  I think it would be a cool gift for a ton of reasons - birthdays, graduations, get well soon, etc....

ENJOY!


I had to include this....YES, Nicholas is the kid with 100+ "things" hanging off his bookbag - UGH!




No comments:

Post a Comment